Behaviour Management Policy
1. Children will be guided in a positive manner that is appropriate to their age and development level.
2. Staff will assist the children to learn self discipline and appropriate behaviours.
3. Limits of rules of any activity or areas of the classroom will be clearly explained to all children and will be repeated when necessary.
4. Staff intervention will be in the form of encouraging comments and modeling of acceptable behaviour. Where possible, intervention will permit logical consequences.
5. Staff will use appropriate, nurturing voices and will always model acceptable behaviour.
6. Staff will not discuss the children’s misbehaviour in front of them.
7. Snack/ meals- Force feeding or the withholding of any food or drink is not allowed.
8. Washroom – Children will be encouraged to use the washroom on their own. However, if a child needs help a staff member will assist them.
9. All behaviour management issues are to be handled with calmness and rational. If at any time a staff member feels themselves losing patience with a child or a situation, it is important to ask someone for help or relief. This is not viewed as a weakness but rather as professionalism.
*** Lyonsgate Montessori School does not permit spanking or other forms of corporal punishment.***